Audio file for this page.
With BARD Mobile for iOS or Android, you can play BARD audio materials on your smartphone or tablet. If your device is connected to a refreshable braille display through Bluetooth, you can also read the braille materials available on BARD.
The BARD Mobile app is available as a free download through the App Store or Google Play. There are also links to download the app on the BARD login page or under the Additional Links section of the BARD Main Page. The app works on iOS devices running version 11 or later and Android devices running OS 7 or later.
Before you can use BARD Mobile, you must be signed up to use BARD. You can apply for BARD at: https://nlsbard.loc.gov/NLS/ApplicationInstructions.html
Notes on Using BARD Mobile:
- Sign in with your BARD user name and password. You'll only need to do this the first time you use the app. The BARD Mobile app will remember your BARD user credentials.
- Books and magazines can be quite large to download (50MB - 200MB), so be sure to manage downloads carefully, especially if you have a limited data plan. You can set BARD Mobile to only download over wi-fi.
- Your progress through a book is not updated across iOS devices. So, if you start listening to a book on your iPhone, your progress will not be updated on your iPad.
- You can have up to 5 iOS devices registered with the BARD Mobile app.
- There is a limit of 100 downloads in any 30-day period.
Where can I get help on using BARD Mobile?
The National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped has prepared a BARD Mobile Application User Guide which can be accessed at https://nlsbard.loc.gov/apidocs/BARDMobile.userguide.iOS.current.html The app also contains a user manual that you may access through the Help feature.
BARD-specific questions may be ansered by the BARD online instructions and FAQs at https://nlsbard.loc.gov/support.html
You may also contact the library by emailing email@example.com or by calling 303-727-9277 or 1-800-685-2136 (toll-free, in-state only).